More Events • Bigger Events • Simultaneous Events
The Sioux Falls Events Center is a multipurpose facility that will house sporting events, concerts, conventions, banquets, etc. that will improve the quality of life and stimulate economic return to the citizens of Sioux Falls. On November 8th, 2011, with a record turnout for 40,000, the citizens of Sioux Falls voted to build the Events Center. The vote passed with 23,284 yes votes and 16,807 no votes.
The Events Center will seat 12,000 and will add more than 64,000 square feet to the already existing facilities. The four level facility consists of the event level, main concourse, suite level and upper concourse. The architectural team is headed up by Sink Combs Dethlefs and Koch Hazard, while the Mortenson Construction is the contractor.
The Events Center is expected to be completed by Fall 2014.
Design & Floorplan
Project has reached 100% Design Development and the team is repricing the overall estimate based on the current design plans. View the latest draft floor plans of the new facility along with our current floor plans for the Arena and Convention Center below.
The Four Levels
- Event Level: main entrance & lobby, ticketing areas
- Main Concourse: seating, standing views, restrooms, concession stands & other food vendors
- Suite Level: premium seating, private suites
- Upper Concourse
Finding innovative and exciting ways to reach your target audience is the most important objective of any business’ marketing efforts. The Denny Sanford PREMIER Center offers opportunities that will energize demand for your product and reflect well on your company. Denny Sanford PREMIER Center will deliver quality exposure to hundreds of thousands of people annually you would most like to meet: potential customers.
Denny Sanford PREMIER Center marketing partnerships offer companies meaningful and impactful business-building opportunities on a year-round basis. Marketing partnerships integrate a variety of tasteful, yet highly visible components that are tailored to meet your company’s specific goals and objectives.
Marketing partners will be associated with the premier sports and entertainment facility in South Dakota and the surrounding region, and will receive prime exposure during all events held in the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center.
The Denny Sanford PREMIER Center corporate sales and services team is committed to creating a comprehensive partnership package that fits your strategic marketing and business needs.
Be a Partner
The building is designed with the environment in mind by using quality materials, efficient fixtures and equipment and smart design strategies that make sense for it’s location within the city of Sioux Falls and our northern climate. The project is also expected to achieve LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver Certification. LEED is a rigorous framework addressing sustainable strategies in the areas of site, water, energy, materials and interior environmental quality, and operations.
A few highlights include
- Water savings of 30% or more through site design and use of efficient plumbing fixtures.
- Energy consumption in the range of 16-20% less than standard similar buildings.
- Materials were selected for higher recycled content and to be sourced from 500 miles or less to support the local and regional economies and also to reduce transportation costs.
- Finishes have low chemical off-gassing properties that contribute to allergy problems.
- Energy systems will also be monitored during the first year of occupancy to ensure proper operations and therefore energy savings.
The Denny Sanford Premier Place will help insure a better environmental future for Sioux Falls.